Saturday, February 27, 2010

Beer Review: Blanche de Bruxelles

Last night I visited The Flying Saucer Draught Emporium in Memphis, TN. It's a beer-lovers dream. I started off with a lovely Hoegaarden on draft, which is not available in my neck of the woods. Following that, I ordered a beer I'd never had - Blanche de Bruxelles - which may just be my new favorite beer.

Similar to Hoegaarden, Blanche de Bruxelles is a Belgian witbier, produced by Lefebvre Brewery in Quenast, Belgium. The beer was served on draft and poured into a classic Belgian-style beer glass. The beer was a cloudy yellow with a little white head.

The aroma was sweet and enticing.

The mouth-feel was incredibly smooth. The taste was light and luscious. Very mellow with low-medium spices and faint orange flavor. I could drink many of these beers.

Blanche de Bruxelles would certainly be an excellent spring/summer session beer. I can only imagine what this would taste like with a bowl of curry mussels and pommes frites. This beer is highly recommended.


No comments:

Post a Comment